If the Senior Master is managing your funds in Court, you need to make an application every time you want to access your money.
Your application has to show that:
- the purchase is for a ‘reasonable or constructive’ purpose
- you have enough money in your fund to pay for the item and any ongoing costs.
You can apply to use your funds for a wide range of purchases including:
- everyday items such as clothes, a computer, furniture and appliances
- medical treatment or support services
- larger items such as a car or a house.
There is more information in the section What your funds can be used for.
It can take up to seven working days for the Senior Master to make a decision on your application.
Sometimes there is a wait because there is only one Senior Master, who looks after more than 5,000 beneficiaries.
It is important to remember that only the Senior Master can approve a purchase. Other staff members can help you work out what you need and if you can afford to buy it, but they cannot make the decision.