You can apply to use your funds held in Court to help pay for the cost of items for yourself or your home. This can include:
- appliances and whitegoods (such as a fridge, washing machine or DVD player)
- clothes and shoes.
How to apply
You should always talk to your Trust Officer before you make any purchases. They will help you with your application to access funds in Court.
You should let your Trust Officer know what you need or want to buy. For larger items, like furniture or whitegoods, they will ask you to get a quote from a store so they know how much you will need to spend. There is information on how to do this in Getting a quote.
You can make an application by either:
- talking to your Trust Officer
- sending an email or letter
- sending a request using our online application form.
When your application is ready, your Trust Officer will send it to the Senior Master. The Senior Master considers whether:
- this will be of benefit to you
- your funds can afford to pay for the request
- your interests are protected.
If the Senior Master approves your application, your Trust Officer will contact you and let you know you can go ahead with the purchase.
If the Senior Master does not approve your application, your Trust Officer will be able to discuss this further with you.